WELCOME TO OUR WORLD

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!



Friday, April 9, 2010

12 hour dayzz......

Today was PRETTY eventful to say the least. I spent 12 LONG hours in the ED today. Triaging patients is one of the most tideous things an ER nurse can do. An a busy emergency department its actually the most important part ofthe ER and can be the most vital area. You have to put one of the best nurses out there to evaluate patient fast, at a quick glance and know if they are in trouble. I have been triaging for the past 2 years in the emergency room. You actually have to have 6 months experience and then take a triage class to be put in this position. It can be very time consuming and really draining if a person is out there for 12 hours. The reason are as follows:
1- busy ER= sick patients
2- busy ER= non stop patients checking in
3-asking the same questions over and over again
4- knowing whos sick and whos not
5-knowing that absolutly anything can walk through the door
6- knowing you have to deal with people from all angles of life- sick, homeless, rich, diabled, peds, geriactrics, adults, neonates, traumas, ect.
7- knowing that you probably wont even have time to eat or take bathroom break
8-knowing that you may not have any help
9-knowing your STUFF!!!!
10- knowing that you are helping someone and can make a difference

Now--- I think most of those are negatives about being in triage for 12 hours except the last one.


As for the rest of my day, I will be going to bed early tonight to get a good nights rest so I can volunteer tomm with some girls from work for the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation walk/race. We will actually be in the volunteer tent for those who are dehydrated, fall and get hurt, and anyone else who needs medical assistance:) Rewarding to say the least.

So....Derek is staying up at the clubhouse tonight (Water's Edge Country Club where he is a Golf Pro Assistant) where he is responsible for things that I have no clue about...sooo I will be staying home by myself tonight. I am very excited to actually have this weekend off so I can spend some time with my friends!!!! THANK GOODNESS. There is nothing like having time with your girls:)

No comments:

Post a Comment