WELCOME TO OUR WORLD

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!



Monday, January 27, 2014

30 weeks in Florida


This past weekend my mother and I flew to Florida to visit my grandma. She is in a nursing home there-- diagnosed with Fronto-temporal dementia or Picks disease. She has been there for the past two years. We made a small weekend trip to go visit her since she doesn't love anywhere near us!! 

This is a picture of me telling my grandma that I am pregnant and she will be a great grandmother. She always thought I would have a baby boy-- Davis' middle name is Shelton which was my grandmothers married name. LILO Shelton is her name. My grandfather (her husband) passed away 12 years ago, shortly after they moved to Florida from North Carolina. A special moment was when granny repeated his name slowly ... She said Davis and she had a big big smile on her face. 


This is a pic of granny's door to her room. There is a pic of me and her there. 
My mom and grandma the second day we visited. She was eating dinner which consisted of purée hot dogs and sweet potatoes. Granny has lots of friends there that take good cAre of her day in and day out. 
This was granny sleeping so peacefully! We didn't want to disrupt her so we let her sleep. She is so sweet. I love her so much!
Granny and me on the last day visiting! Baby Davis too!
Mom and I at the hotel where we stayed on the last night. 
We did some really good eating while on Daytona. The last night we ate at Don Vito's where we had real authentic Italian food. This was the chicken carbonara which was excellent. We also got the caprese salad and desert! Yum!
The first night we went to a place to eat called Ronin. We had the best ginger salad with crips. 
This is their volcano roll atop with a crap salad.
The desert was also amazing. Fried bananas and Japanese ice cream-- mango and green tea.
Enjoying the desert!
A view from our hotel room! Sunny Florida-- way better than the 20 degree weather back home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment